When it comes to graphic designing tools, you can choose from thousands of free applications and plugins. Here are 7 of the top software packages that every designer should consider adding to his/her toolkit.
1. Adobe Photoshop: This is one of the most versatile photo editing tools on the market today. It has all the features you need for a wide range of professional projects. From fixing color balance issues, removing red eye, retouching skin imperfections, cropping photos, creating collages, applying special effects and more, this program does it all! With an easy-to-use interface, a well-organized workspace, and a huge collection of stock images, this package will not disappoint you.
2. CorelDraw Graphics Suite X6: Are you tired of using inferior graphics design software? This advanced vector drawing application with a clean user interface allows you to create high quality diagrams as soon as you open it. You have full control over your work space and its look and feel, which makes it easier than ever before. Plus, you get access to a library of pre-made shapes, patterns and symbols to jumpstart your project right away.
3. GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program): An excellent free image editor that’s similar to Photoshop in terms of workflow. You won’t find a better alternative when it comes to simple tasks like adjusting brightness, contrast, sharpness or levels. However, if you’re looking for something more complex, then GIMP may not be suitable for you because it doesn’t offer many advanced functions. But don’t let that scare you off, there are plenty of tutorials out there that show how even non-expert users can achieve impressive results.
4. Pixelmator: If you want to make quick edits to any type of documents such as images, videos, presentations, etc., then Pixelmator is what you need. Not only does it feature tons of powerful filters, but you can also easily apply different kinds of artistic styles to text or objects within a few clicks. And did we mention that it’s totally free?
5. Paint Shop Pro: Do you love working with pixels? Then this creative suite might just be up your alley. Whether you’re interested in making web pages or icons, customizing and enhancing images or simply learning about the inner workings of your camera, PS Pro is packed with enough features to keep even experienced designers busy for hours. In addition, you’ll also enjoy using this app since it helps you save time while saving money. The whole thing is completely ad-free and absolutely free.
6. Affinity Photo: As the name suggests, this app was designed specifically for photographers. So no matter whether you’re into digital art, photography or both, you’ll find lots of useful features here. It offers everything that a seasoned photographer needs right out of the box, including a fully featured RAW converter, several types of artistic filters, layers, adjustment layers, masks, multiple exposure modes and much more.
In conclusion, these six apps are definitely worth trying out. They will help you accomplish a lot of basic and advanced tasks, without having to spend hundreds of dollars on other programs and plugins that usually come bundled with them.